LEPANTO  MEDICAL  CLINIC

KNOWN AS:
EAST ARKANSAS FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
BY
BRENDA HARRIS (EAFHC)
                  

It all happened in the 1950's when Dr. Saul Sternberger and his lovely wife, Marie built this fine medical facility in Lepanto on the corner of Hwy #135 and Hwy #40.

It was closed for a while after his untimely death - then re-opened at a later date.

It is a federally funded non- profit facility partially funded by the Dept. of Health & Human Services.  Established in 1972, the EAFHC - (also known as a community health center)provides medical, dental and pharmaceutical care for its patients. In 1977 this facility in Lepanto became site #2 and known as the East Arkansas Family Health Center.

The only difference in this clinic's program and that of a private practice is that its patients may choose to qualify for a discount in charges by providing requested financial information. The customer's pay category is determined on a sliding fee scale.

This clinic is part of two sites: Lepanto & West Memphis, Ar. In their 27 year history, both sites report growth from 2,000 patient visits to over 27,000. They are fully accredited through the Joint Commissioned Accreditation Organization and love what they are doing.


Many of their patients are their neighbors, family, friends and church members, so its easy to see why they are called a "community health center".

Back to the City of Lepanto Homepage